Friday 4 April 2014

Clearly Besotted birthday card

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all looking forward to another weekend and that you have some fun planned. I'm sorry I haven't been round to visit these last couple of weeks but my DH had an operation that he had been awaiting for a long time, and then I came down with an ear and sinus infection so it hasn't been a barrel of laughs around here. I wasn't even sure where my sinuses were before this, and who knew they could hurt so much? Oh well, the good news is that we are both a lot better and I hope to spend some crafty time over the weekend and catch up with what you've all been up to.

I wanted to play along with the Addicted to CAS challenge, and this time the code word is




I have a lovely little stamp set from Clearly Besotted called Good Times that had yet to see ink so I used it and came up with this card


 I stamped the tiny butterflies escaping from the basket and cut a few out and stuck them on to give more movement to their flight. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and I snipped it apart to make it easier to stamp it on 2 lines and to make it dual coloured.

I'd also like to enter this into to Addicted to Stamps and More

                                       GRAB OUR BADGE!

which has CAS as the challenge this week, and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which is anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Hugs
Carol x




19 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun card! I love the color combo and how you popped up some of your butterflies...so cute!

Deepti said...

So good to know that u n ur husband are better now . This is a lovely card, I love the butterflies flying out, the color combination and that little streak of pattern paper at the side :) Thank you for sharing with ATSM!!

Deepti said...

Also thank you for sharing with ATCAS :)

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Carol!

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. Great job with this stamp set. I'm glad to hear you all are on the mend.

Karen M said...

Love your beautiful card Carol - your design looks amazing xx

Linby said...

Sorry to hear you've had ills at yours, hope you are all on the mend.
This is a beautiful card, so clean cut.
Linby x

shirley-bee said...

This is so pretty! Love the addition of the cut-out butterflies, they add so much movement to the card.

Benzi said...

Darling card...love all the butterflies, stamped and cut out. Such a sweet birthday card. So glad
you and your hubby are doing better.

Deborah Frings said...

I absolutely love this card - so pretty, so much movement with the butterflies. I'm very impressed that you cut out such tiny butterflies too. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

PS Glad you're feeling better!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a wonderful card. I love that it is a basketful of butterflies bursting forth. I can't believe you snipped out and remounted such tiny butterflies. That would have driven me to madness. It really adds to the card though.

sandie said...

Oh, I love this, the colours are so pretty and the added dimension is perfect. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS and ATSM

Sandra said...

Really sweet! Love the bike with the butterflies flying away! So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, long time no see....lol It was really lovely to meet you last week at the 'happy stampers' show, It feels like I've known you for so long but just never met you in the flesh! Well I have now and it was so nice to have a little chat, absolutely love your card and the layout too. Hope you and your hubby are both feeling better and on the road to recovery :)

Take care, big hugs Vicki x

Irene said...

Hello Carol, your card is absolutely fabulous. Love the bike and butterflies. Hope you and your hubby are feeling better now.
luv
irene
xxxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card! Fun basket of bflies and I adore the subtle trim piece -Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

Joyce said...

So sorry to hear that both you and your DH have been unwell--but happy that you are better now and back to crafting and blog visiting. This card is just sweet as can be. I really love how you did the butterflies.

Darnell said...

Your card is darling, Carol. I love how you added movement and dimension by popping up a few butterflies! I'm so sorry to hear that you have been sick with sinuses. That can be horrible. How is John doing? I sent you an email on the 24th, but it might be buried in your inbox! I hope his recovery is going smoothly! Big hugs to you both, Darnell

Deepti Stephens said...

Hello Carol, this is soo beautiful. Love it. Thank you so much for joining the fun at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...